March 25, 2014

Asher Wade at 11 Months

Asher Wade you are 11 months old!  I cannot believe that we will be celebrating your 1st birthday this time next month.  It just does not seem possible that you are almost 1 year old.  As I've said in the past, I'm always torn about you growing up.  I love each new stage and I love watching you learn and grow, but it's still bittersweet.  I feel like you are becoming a toddler right before my eyes and it makes me a little sad...and gives me major baby fever!  Lord knows you have given us a run for our money, but man I miss those sweet newborn days sometimes.  I long for you to just let me hold you while you sleep (although I don't miss having to be all ninja like when I tried to sneak you in to your crib after you fell asleep), but now you are so busy and active and you rarely have time for snuggling.  Even when I nurse you before bed, as soon as you finish you start to reach for your crib.  You just want to go to sleep with no extended snuggling:-(  I guess we should count our blessings that you can put yourself to sleep.

This was a big month for you developmentally.  You really try to mimic actions and behaviors and attempt to do more things yourself.  It's like you study things to figure out how they work, and how you can make them work for you.  You are the youngest in your class at daycare and your teachers always laugh about how you want to keep up with the older babies.  This determination has created one little problem...you are the class bully!  Yes, you are the youngest one in there, but you sure don't let that stop you from getting what you want.  Supposedly you are quite the snack stealer (see picture below), and you have no issues bopping heads or pulling hair to get your way, or to get things out of your way.  I definitely think you need a sibling to keep this sense of entitlement in check;)   

You are such a joy for your daddy and me.  I can't wait to pick you up everyday and you are always in my thoughts throughout the day.  I scroll through the pictures on my phone multiple times during the day and I never get tired of looking at the same ones over and over.  They always make me smile and fill my heart with happiness.  You are just such a perfect gift and we are so thankful for you.

No checkup this month, so I'll do my best with measurements.

Age: 11 months

Weight: 22 lbs, 5 oz (I did confirm this at a recent sick visit)

Length: Not sure, probably around 29 in

Head circumference: Again, not sure, but maybe around 19 in

Clothing size: 12 months or 12-18 months depending on the brand.  A few 6-12 month things fit.  Size 4 diapers.

Milestones: Started swim lessons...we go every Saturday morning and he does great!  2 more teeth about to push through, which will make 8 total.  Stands unassisted.  Cruises with his walker pretty fast, all around the living room.  Will also cruise around the ottoman, holding on for support.  No more bottles!  He takes his milk in a sippy cup now at daycare.  Had his first cupcake since the other babies in his class are starting to have birthdays...no surprise that he loved it;) 

Sleep: He goes to sleep around 7:30 and wakes up anywhere from 6 to 7.  Sleep is still not quite consistent, but I'd say he sleeps through the night for the most part.  If he does wake, he will usually put himself back to sleep after a few minutes.  If he fusses for more than 10 or 15 minutes, it's mommy to the rescue.  At daycare he takes one long afternoon nap, but at home he takes two, sometimes three, naps.

Eating: Still taking a total of 15 oz of pumped milk at school, in a sippy cup.   He nurses every few hours when we are home.  He eats lunch from the cafeteria at school and loves everything. There's nothing, except honey, that we won't let him have. Favorite foods are blueberry waffles with butter and syrup (his usual breakfast), french toast, mashed potatoes, green beans, peas, pancakes, blueberries, strawberries, tangerines, yogurt, fish, macaroni and cheese, grilled cheese, ravioli, granola bars, veggie straws, puffs, vanilla wafers, goldfish crackers, pretty much any fruit or veggie.  He still loves those Earth's Best pouches as well.

Likes:
  • Crawling all over the place.
  • Pulling up to standing.  He especially loves to do this in the bathtub, which makes me so nervous.
  • Rough housing with daddy.  He loves to play hard!
  • Laying in bed with mama and daddy in the mornings, watching cartoons.
  • Being tickled, especially his thighs.
  • Going for walks in his stroller, or pretty much anything outside. Loves to people watch!
  • Swinging at the park.
  • His teachers Miss Vicki and Miss Harriet...loves them!
  • Music and toys that make noise, especially his tambourine.
  • Bath time.  Quite possibly the highlight of his day.
  • Music. His favorite songs are the "Itsy Bitsy Spider" and "Patty Cake" and any of the theme from his favorite shows, especially Little Einsteins and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
  • Other babies and toddlers. He loves his little friends at school.
  • Riley and Maddux. He really loves to climb all over Riley and "play fetch." He hands the ball to Riley and cracks up when Riley takes it. It's hilarious!
  • Watching his "shows." His favorites are Peek-a-boo, Rainbow Horse, VocabuLarry, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Little Einsteins. He's starting to get in to Jake and the Neverland Pirates as well.
  • Eating! He especially loves going to restaurants and trying food off my plate.

Dislikes:
  • The evening hours, right before bedtime...his "witching hour."
  • Sitting in one place for too long.
  • Being hot.
  • Getting ready for bed.
  • The nose sucker. Screams.bloody.murder.
  • Being woken up early from a nap.
  • Being tired.
Here are some pictures...

This child loves food (chicken salad in this case)

Eating out...yet again

Before church one Sunday

My sweet little boy

Enjoying some butternut squash

Random picture they took at school one day, which I thought came out so cute!

His favorite activity these days...cruising with his walker.  Oh, and are those not the most kissable thighs?!
 
Stealing snacks from his buddy Owen...who was the birthday boy that day

Just being his usual wild self

1st St. Patrick's Day

Yes he is:-)
 

No comments: